How to add an e-mail address to your `White List`
Due to the growing problem of unsolicited and unwanted commercial emails, many web mail services (i.e. Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.) and email applications (i.e. Outlook 2003/2007/2010/2013, Mozilla Thunderbird, etc.) have taken measures to automatically filter bulk emails. Unfortunately, these filters end up blocking many legitimate emails in addition to spam. Email messages sent from our eProcurement system (email firstname.lastname@example.org) are not immune. Therefore, these filters may incorrectly block our emails (e.g. instructions how to complete user registration, requests for bidding, etc.), preventing it from ever reaching your inbox and placing them in your junk email folder.
We recommend that you take the simple steps outlined below to help ensure that our mailings actually reach you. Even if you are currently receiving our mailings, we still advise you to follow these recommendations as a way to prevent future problems. We thank you for your time and effort.
A whitelist is a list of email addresses that you want to receive email from. By adding an address to your whitelist, you are telling the email system not to filter email from that address. Follow the instructions below to add us to your whitelist and ensure a successful registration on our portal and safe delivery of our mailings.
Here are the instructions for some of the most popular email programs:
You will need to add our From address, email@example.com to your Safe Senders list:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail.
- On the Safe Senders tab, click Add.
- Copy and paste our email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click OK.
You will need to add our email address, email@example.com, to your Thunderbird Address Book and configure your Junk Mail Controls to whitelist your address book.
- Click the Address Book button.
- Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted.
- Click the New Card button. This will launch a New Card window that has 3 tabs: Contact, Address & Other.
- Under the Contact tab, copy and paste our email address firstname.lastname@example.org into the Email dialog box.
- Click OK.
You will need to add our email address, email@example.com, to your Gmail Contacts List:
- Click Contacts along the left side of any Gmail page.
- Click Add Contact.
- Copy and paste our email address firstname.lastname@example.org into the primary email address dialog box.
- Click Save.
You will need to set up a filter to redirect our mailing into your inbox:
Open your mailbox and click on Mail Options (upper right hand corner).
- Select Filters (bottom left corner).
- Click the Add link on the Filters page.
- Under the column „From header:“,
- Update the „From header:“ rule with the following 2 pieces of information: „contains“ and email@example.com.
- Click the Choose Folder pull down menu and select Inbox.
- Click on the Add Filter button.
You will need to add our email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, to your Hotmail Safe List:
- Open your mailbox and click “Options” (upper right hand corner).
- Click the “Junk E-Mail Protection” link (top of page).
- Select the “Safe List” link (2nd from bottom).
- Copy and paste our email address email@example.com into the dialog box titled “Type an address or domain”.
- Click the “Add” button next to the dialog box.